Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seeing Things Differently

This set of images is my attempt to channel one of my fellow shooters, the talented John Bonick. After seeing John's work, which always included a dazzling array of abstract images (he's an abstract painter as well, always looking for inspiration), I gave myself an assignment: try to see the world as John might. Where colors and patterns are the compositional elements; circles and lines are the subjects. He was finding art in decay, in the unnoticed, in the ordinary - and I hadn't seen any of it. So for a few days, I tried. These are my results. Thanks John, for helping me see things differently.












1 comment:

  1. Morry -- I was reading my email (while wearing the scarf you gave me...) and went down the rabbit hole of this blog -- what an incredible journey!! Your photos and descriptions are amazing. I've been hearing so much about this part of the world from Vanessa -- I sent her the link, and am sure she'll enjoy it. Thank you for taking the time to share your journey. I feel well fed from your efforts! -- Joanne

    ReplyDelete